ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Review

Easy to use with centralized management, but better compatibility with Mac is needed

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is patching end-user systems. These can be mobile devices, PCs, desktops, or laptops.

We have been using the patch management component for the past six months, but we have been using more components within ManageEngine for about a year and a half.

We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is centralized management.

It is very easy to use. It requires only a few clicks to download the latest patches and forward them to the endpoints.

This solution supports multiple operating systems and multiple hardware vendors.

What needs improvement?

There are limitations to this solution when we are working with iOS, Apple laptops or desktops such as the Mac and iMac. All of the features are working with Windows, so they should be working for Mac as well.

We need a better ability to communicate with the end-users using the solution.

The support for this solution needs to be improved.

We have been using this solution for about six months.

This solution is pretty stable.

We use this solution once a day to check to see what packages need to be done. The updates do not happen very frequently.

This is a scalable solution.

Prior to this solution, we used SCCM. We switched because it is very limited to Windows, and for Windows users. Because we also have Mac computers on-site, we need a solution that handles these also.

The deployment took approximately one week.

Two people were involved in the deployment, and we have one administrator who takes care of maintenance.

The end-users need to set up their file-sharing properly, so sometimes we have issues with that before we set it up. It has to be done manually.

We had a third party to assist us with the implementation.

The ROI for this solution is good.

Our licensing fees are on a yearly basis, and the charge for support is extra.

We evaluated Ivanti SCCM before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody researching this type of solution, if you need one product for Windows, Mac, and Linux, then this is the best choice.

This solution is very easy to use, and very easy to do the patching. It is important, however, to have it fully compatible with the Mac.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.