MariaDB Review

Easy to setup, User friendly, and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are not using MariaDB alone, it is being used with other applications such as ServiceNow.

We are focusing on the underlying database of ServiceNow.

We provide our customers with complete solutions that include implementation, support, and training.

Currently, our customers are on-premises and they have not yet considered this solution for on cloud deployment.

What is most valuable?

This solution is user-friendly. It's easy, and similar to MySQL.

What needs improvement?

Some areas where this product could be improved are in the clustering technologies, redundancy, active-active deployment model, and also monitoring the backup and restore solution to the cloud.

They have made some enhancements on the product but I think that scalability and redundancies are a concern for the entire team. In the next release, I would like to see improvements in the scalability and redundancy features.

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

It is not suitable for mission-critical applications, but it is stable for other applications.

We had a customer who was fronting MariaDB with ServiceNow and we were not able to help her with a specific situation. We contacted customer service technical support and they were very good. They were able to solve our issue in a short time.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

The deployment took a day.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers but we are willing to be partners with MariaDB.

Before starting with the implementation and deployment you should read the guide.

You should look at the suggested tips, tricks, clues, and the requirements to avoid having any problems.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.