McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Review

With it, I was able to make an MSS (Managed Security Service) solution.

What is most valuable?

• Centralized management
  • The scalability
  • The report engine

How has it helped my organization?

I made an MSS (Managed Security Service) solution based on the ePO and McAfee Endpoint products.

This was before all the vendors made it themselves, and when I researched the major vendors, this was the best product for the project.

What needs improvement?

The fact that it uses MSSQL, and cannot be deployed on anything other than Windows, can be a problem. The system can get slow at times when you do big searches and reports.

I've been using it since 2007.

We had some issues with deployments as this product was not made to be set up as an MSSP solution but we had a lot of help from McAfee, and fixed them all.

The problems with stability as never in the ePO but in the Operative system (Microsoft Windows) and the database server (Microsoft SQL).

The scalability is very good.

We were a McAfee EMEA Premier Managed Service Provider at the time, so we had no problems getting the support we needed.

10/10.

F-Secure, but their product did not scale, and there are so many more endpoint products, that the ePO can handle than F-Secures Central management system.

It was not the easiest projects I did, but with help from McAfee it was not that difficult.

We implemented it in-house.

We were a managed service provider, so the licensing was not what most customers have. We report in what we use, and pay after.

We looked at several options.

What other advice do I have?

If you use any McAfee endpoint solutions in the enterprise you need to use the ePO, as there are no other options.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner, vendor and consulting.