McAfee MVISION Cloud Review

Good support, with many options for deployment model and scalability

What is our primary use case?

My experience with this product is from an evaluation standpoint. Since everybody is adopting cloud technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, they want to ensure that their data is secure. This product can be used to help people access our cloud applications securely, control users, and manage data movement over the cloud with respect to our data classification policies.

We have conducted a PoC but have not used it in our production environment.

What is most valuable?

They provide a variety of options for scalability, where we can use it over the cloud, or we can deploy it on-premises through our proxy. We can also use agent-based installation. Together, from a coverage point of view, the solution is pretty good. The other products that I have evaluated do not have the scalability options that McAfee has.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be more user-friendly, as it is a little bit complicated to use.

They should implement straightforward automation capabilities that include the integration of AI and ML. It should be able to handle solutions quickly whenever a rule has to be created. It should, for example, suggest to the admin that if there is any indication of data corruption then a notification will be sent. In addition, initial steps will be taken to ensure that the data is safe.

We evaluated McAfee MVISION Cloud for a couple of weeks.

It is meant for large organizations and it will support more than 10,000 users.

The technical support is good and they are customer-friendly. We don't use the support for MVISION Cloud but we use McAfee support for other products, and we are satisfied.

As part of our evaluation process, we have used several solutions from different vendors.

This is an expensive product, although it is made for larger enterprises and not for small organizations. This is generally the case with McAfree enterprise solutions.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

More McAfee MVISION Cloud reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Netskope CASB
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Netskope, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.