Mellanox Switches Review

Open Source LAN Solution that needs to be more user-friendly with better training documentation

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for LAN.

Currently, I am working with a client on a small private cloud for HPC (High-Performance Computing) with large data. We have ten gigabytes.

The deployment model is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its functionality.

What needs improvement?

If you compare this solution with Cisco, utilization in Cisco is more popular and it is more friendly. It's the experience and the responding ability of the document training.

The training documentation can be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

I have not been in contact with technical support. I work with other aspects of information and development.

The initial setup was complex for us.

The deployment took a week because I am a developer, and the math was a problem for me. For a network engineer, it would be more difficult.

For a basic deployment, it would be quick, only one or two days.

It would take one person to deploy a defense on the project, for a small project with high availability, in three switches, it would take two people, and for a large project, you would need a team.

One person is needed to maintain all aspects of the network.

It's an open-source solution.

They began to pursue Nutanix, but they are not using it on tests. I will be using it in the future for my projects.

What other advice do I have?

I have not been using this solution for long and don't have a lot of experience.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.