Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Review

Good load-testing capability can simulate hundreds of concurrent users, but the technical support should be better

What is our primary use case?

We use LoadRunner Cloud for functional testing, where we can log in online using the portal.

Our primary use case is load testing, where we can simulate a scenario with more than 100 users accessing the system at the same time. This shows us things such as the performance of the system and how it reacts when multiple people are using it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we do not have to accommodate the load-testing infrastructure in our own data center. Normally for load testing, you have to have your own hardware and tools on-premises. With LoadRunner Cloud, the testing will be done remotely using their resources.

What needs improvement?

There are three modules in the system that are different products packaged into one, and they can sometimes be difficult to figure out, so they should be better integrated with each other.

The current support model is something that can be improved.

We have been using this product for five years.

This is a stable product and as far as we're concerned, there is no other choice on the market.

We are just in the process of scaling now. Our intention is to expand but it will take time to do so. We are using it for five projects right now and we need to acquire more licenses.

At this time, Micro Focus is handling the support, which is kind of messy compared to going directly to HP. There is no single point of contact between sales and support.

Sometimes, if you open a ticket with technical support then we might be waiting for a week. It is not always this way, but in general, it is not what we would expect.

We also use HP ALM for functional testing.

The initial setup of the cloud version is easy compared to using it on-premises. In the on-premises deployment, you have to set up all of the servers starting with bare metal and it will take no less than three months to deploy. However, with LoadRunner Cloud, all you have to do is buy the resources and execute it from there.

There is no monthly or yearly cost but rather, the fees are based on the amount of traffic that you use. It is difficult to predict the costs until after you have begun using it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing LoadRunner Cloud is to make sure that when you buy the package, it is comprehensive. All of the modules should be there, including the support package. Otherwise, it will be hard to use.

In summary, all of the features that we need are there and it does everything that it is supposed to it. That said, the integration of modules and support are still in need of improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

12.4
More Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Apache, Broadcom and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.