Micro Focus Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Review

The new file-based integration, without the need of having Microsoft Project​ even installed, is a huge advantage. Portfolio scenarios​ are limited to analyses.​

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Project integration: Microsoft Project is, in my experience, the most used project planning tool. Companies will not change to another project planning tool. The integration is seamless and on different levels. The new file-based integration, without the need of having Microsoft Project even installed, is a huge advantage!

Financial management: The financial management is very extensive, complete and easy to use without too much configuration. Extensions to meet company needs can be done with virtually no limitation.

Resource management: The resource management module is very complete and covers most of the time all needs of customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Working for integrator, no personal approval. For customers: insight in the real values.

What needs improvement?

Portfolio scenarios: This is a very powerful feature. However, it’s limited to analyses. Once an optimal portfolio scenario is found, alterations need to be done manually in all effected objects (projects, initiatives, assets). There should be a functionality, including workflow capabilities for approval, to mass update the objects in the portfolio according to the defined scenario in the scenario comparison.

I have been using this for 2.5 years.

We have not encountered stability issues.

I rate support 7/10.

We did not have a previous solution.

Stops is complex and configuration is always needed. No out-of-the-box usage it possible.

It is SaaS without a base fee.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a Gold partner.
More Micro Focus Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) reviews from users