Micro Focus UFT One Review

Powerful analysis using artificial intelligence, easy-to-develop automation, and we can develop negative API test cases

What is our primary use case?

Micro Focus UFT is a very good tool for testing purposes. We use it primarily for API testing.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool integrates well into our environment.

We have the ability to develop automatically for different countries when using continuous deployment. We can use the same scripts, which is a nice feature.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the analysis using artificial intelligence.

This product is easy to use, understand, and maintain.

We can develop negative test cases for API calls, which is helpful.

What needs improvement?

One of the drawbacks is that mobile performance testing is in need of improvement.

I have had problems with the parameterization chaining.

Given that there is a lot of competition in the market from similar tools, the price should be reduced.

There should be line numbers in the code.

I have been using UFT One for eight years in different organizations.

This is a stable solution that is made up of several different applications.

The scalability is good.

I have also used Selenium and I find that Micro Focus is better. It is easier, for example, to develop automation. Also, Micro Focus is easier to maintain than Selenium.

It is a straightforward product to implement.

This solution is quite costly and there is no free trial available. We purchased it from SAP because we got a cheaper price.

The subscription fees are paid annually.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this product is that it integrates well into your environment, is easy to use, easy to maintain, and makes your development efforts more efficient. The entire development chain, including smoke tests, will be improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Other