Microsoft ATA Review

Gives us better, real-time awareness of possible employee-fraud situations

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is network security.

How has it helped my organization?

It's given us a better, more real-time ability to be aware of employee situations that could be fraudulent.

It has also measurably decreased our mean time to detect threats by about 50 percent, and helped increase staff productivity, saving about an hour per day.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the ability to report on questionable activity.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see continuous improvement in upcoming releases.

In terms of room for improvement, some of the newer features are not completely there yet. I have confidence that they will get there but there's still room for improvement. For example, there's a tool that allows you to grade your overall internal security and I don't feel that it's completely accurate.

It's a stable solution.

It's very scalable.

Technical support is good.

We didn't have a previous solution.

The initial setup was complex. Without someone implementing it for us, we had to learn a lot of things on our own.

We have seen ROI although I can't quantify it. But based on the number of hours we've saved and potential situations that we have stopped from occurring, things that could have been a risk to the company, there's definitely an ROI.

This product was really the key one that we looked at based on the direction that our company is taking and the number of products from this vendor that we utilize.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, even though it does have room for growth. I have confidence in the company.

Regarding the maturity of our security program, there is always room for improvement. We're in a good place and this product has certainly helped us to get to a better place. We're certainly not all the way there yet.