Mojo Networks Review

It simply works, you plug in a new access point, it meshes with the network, and works

What is our primary use case?

In every one of our schools - we have five elementaries, we have two high schools, one middle school - a total of 10 buildings, we use the access points, the C-130's.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have Help Desk tickets every day on our old wireless network. And since we've switched to Mojo, we've had zero. We've had no Help Desk tickets. Our old WiFi solution was taking up 20 hours of a staff member every week. And now we have zero tickets.

What is most valuable?

Being a cloud solution has been great.

Also, the reliability and functionality. For example, we had testing going on a year ago, in the spring. And we'd gotten a handful of the Mojos to start to build our environment. We took over one access point for Mojo - and we had four of our other access points from our old solution - we took one Mojo access point over there and it just worked. We plugged it in and it worked. And all the 100 kids got on and started testing. So the reliability is amazing. It's top-notch. Honestly, if I put it into words, it works. It's the best solution that we've tested.

And then, not only the reliability, but functionality. Security is top-notch with WIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System). Also, Layer 7. The features that it carries are amazing.

So overall it's ease of use, it just works, it's plug and play, but it's still the most secure network that we tested. I could go on and on about the features, but there's not anything that doesn't blow us away at this point. And it was cheaper than the other access points.

What needs improvement?

We're working with engineers on a new feature set that we would like. I'm not sure what I can say about it in public. It's just that nobody else has this. There's nothing negative. But they're working on a feature set that are going to blow things out of the water: pretty powerful, pretty amazing.

What I would say is, on the positive side, their engineers want make to make the product even better. Even though, it's great right now, they want to know how it can do better. So we're working with them to be able to make their product even better.

They are on the front end of the bell curve, to be able to be innovative, and thinking five years, 10 years out.

We've been on calls with the president, with the vice-president of Mojo Networks. They're just involved. It's not: Buy our product and then we don't hear from them ever again. They want to know what's going on. They want to connect. They want to know how their product can be better. It's just fantastic.

I know it's tough to hear that there are no problems, but really, there aren't any. I don't understand how anybody can not go with their solution.

Less than one year.

Their reliability, stability is amazing. It just works. We did have one access point that did arrive dead, out of the, say, 400 we had. They just switched it out and everything was fine. It wasn't a problem, per se. It was just mechanical. So they just gave us a new one.

It's scalable. You don't have to configure an access point. Literally, if I needed a new one, I just take it right out of the box, go plug it into our network. It finds our Mojo network, and then it talks to the other access points that are close to it, and then it literally adopts the policies, and meshes itself in our network.

We don't have to buy any other controllers. We don't have to buy anything. If we wanted to add a 1,000 more, we could add 1,000 more without worrying about anything else. So, scalability, if there was a rating scale with 10 being the best, it would be an 11.

Their tech support is amazing. Not a chat. It's not that we put in a Help Desk ticket, it's more that we're on the phone with engineers. Not just a tier-one type support: "Well, let me help you through some questions." It's top-notch.

They're there for you and they're actually in the weeds with you answering the real questions so you don't have to go through hoops to get to someone. We've had engineers come out, since we've put it in, two times. But they've been here three times. That's a testament to their company, that they actually flew in engineers into our school district to help us implement it, to learn things. Pretty powerful.

The reason we switched is because our old solution was horrible. It didn't work. The product didn't work. All the tickets that we were having just caused more issues and problems. It just wasn't a good solution. The cost was a lot more, I don't know percentage, but it was over six figures more. So the cost was more, the product was not as good. The feature sets were limited. And really, it failed in every category.

Straightforward.

We didn't even need a manual. I know it's crazy, you're probably thinking I'm making this stuff up. It's simple. Very simple. Now, the engineers did help us on some more complicated stuff, like setting up WIPS and those kind of things.

But as far as setup, and walking through, like I said, when I was testing them this time last year, we had three Mojo units, C-130s. We had a basic setup, as we were starting to build our new network. We just plugged it in and it worked. That just doesn't happen. We plugged it in and it worked and all 100 kids got on the test and started testing. We knew right then and there that we'd made the right decision.

Put it this way. Of every solution we looked at, every wireless solution, Mojo was a minimum of six figures cheaper. Minimum. Most of them were double, which again is unheard of. Not only do you get all the feature benefits, like everything is there, everything just works, but at the same time, it was a no-brainer, because of the cost. It's almost like you hit the lottery.

We evaluated a lot of them. We put in a RFP and then weighted the different products: Cisco, Ruckus, Aerohive, Aruba, and Mojo. They were the five that competed against each other, and gave us demonstrations, and of course, gave us a price. When we evaluated everything, Mojo came on top, I believe, in almost in every category.

What other advice do I have?

If you go with Mojo, you're not going to be sorry. When it comes down to it, it's the best solution. Period. And how their model runs, and the support, I couldn't say a bad thing. Not one.

There is no reason not to rate it a 10 out of 10. Because, it really does, in every category, just work. It excels in everything we wanted to do.

I would highly suggest that you take a look at it. It's the most secure network. For example, every president right now who is alive, carries Mojo, because it's the most secure network. Mojo used to be known for its security, but now it's known for much more than that. If I was a business, a company, I would be looking at their security, their feature sets, their reliability, and stability. In every category, it rises above everybody that we went up against.