Nagios Network Analyzer Review

A customizable application that integrates well with other Nagios products

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and well sell several Nagios products, including Network Analyzer.

It is used for collecting data from the flow of network traffic.

What is most valuable?

It is highly customizable and can be integrated well with third-party software. Because there is no perfect solution for everything that you want to monitor, you have to do some customization.

What needs improvement?

The graphics and reports can be a little bit better. You can retrieve all of the data but it could be presented more nicely.

We have been working with the Nagios network Analyzer for five years.

This is a stable product.

This product is not really scalable, but there is the integration with Nagios XI. You can have multiple Network Analyzers reporting to Nagios XI on the traffic flow and performance. In this context, it is more of an accessory for a Nagios XI solution.

The technical support is quite good.

The initial setup and deployment are very fast. A good technician can have everything up and running with a couple of devices within an hour.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend. If you only need a Network Analyzer without any other monitoring features or tools then you can buy it alone. You don't need to buy a suite of products to get the Analyzer and it can act as a standalone solution.

Overall, for us, this product works fine. There are some limitations but there cannot be a perfect product.