NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP Review

Secure data replication between on-premises servers and public cloud

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is disaster recovery. We protect our data by replicating using SnapMirror and storing it in a public cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this solution's Snapshot copies as part of our data management and data protection strategy. We store these on serial volumes in a public cloud.

The inline encryption using SnapMirror has helped us to address concerns over data security in the cloud. Our enterprise data is private and is protected, but it is still available for our business.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are SnapShot, FlexClone, and deduplication.

What needs improvement?

Only AWS and Azure public clouds are currently available from China, and I would like to see support for Aliyun (Alibaba Cloud).

The stability is very good for us because it is required for our operations. We have had no problems with it.

ONTAP makes it easy to scale our infrastructure. It is important for us because our business has increased rapidly.

I used cloud central to set up our Cloud Volumes.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP reviews from users
Take Control with Unified Cloud Storage

Sign up for a 30-day trial to see how Cloud Volumes ONTAP can help you optimize cloud storage costs and performance, while enhancing data enterprise-grade protection, security, and compliance - wherever your data lives.