NetApp NVMe AFF A800 Review

Flexible and easy to use with a simple initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for the database.

What is most valuable?

The solution works well.

I can't think of any specific feature that stands out for me. There isn't one that I prefer above others.

The initial setup was pretty easy.

The ease of use of the solution if great.

We find the product to be very flexible.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall any shortcomings in the product. There aren't really any features that are lacking in any way.

The cost of the solution is quite high. It would be ideal if they could adjust it so that it's a but less.

I've been using the solution for seven years at this point. It's been a while. I have a good amount of experience with the product.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze and there haven't been any bugs or glitches.

The product has been rather scalable. It's good. We don't have a problem with scaling if we need to. Other companies should be able to scale too.

Currently, we have hundreds of users on the product right now. Most are database administrators.

We may increase usage in the future.

I've dealt with technical support in the past, mostly for drive replacements or items of that nature. They've been very good in that respect. We're satisfied with the level of support we've been given as an organization. They are very responsive.

We also use IBM and HP among other solutions. However, we've never used another product for this particular use case.

The solution's initial setup was not complex at all. We found the process of the implementation to be very straightforward. It was easy to execute on.

The deployment took less than two weeks. It was a fairly quick process.

We don't really need to have any staff for maintenance.

We handled the process of the implementation completely in-house. We didn't require the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

We still have and use the solution, which means it is doing what it is supposed to do.

We find the pricing to be very high. We'd like the company to lower it a bit to make it more affordable. Right now, it's pretty expensive.

We pay for the solution on a yearly basis. I don't know the exact cost off the top of my head, however. It's my understanding that there are no costs above the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. The ease of use and flexibility are great, however, it loses points due to its relatively high cost.

More NetApp NVMe AFF A800 reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM FlashSystem 9100 NVMe
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, IBM and others in NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.