NetApp ONTAP Review

This solution makes things easier for us on the operations side

What is our primary use case?

We use it with the All Flash FAS solution.

There are a lot of the reasons that we chose this solution. We are going the direction of automation in the cloud. It has flexibility and supportability around NetApp solutions and products.

How has it helped my organization?

For the All Flash FAS, it has lessened our performance issues. Our support for that is a lot easier for our patients to access.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the NVMe AFF.

What needs improvement?

The config could be a little easier. It's not entirely difficult, but it could be a somewhat easier. I have seen other vendors make it easier.

Still implementing.

We have other flash arrays which seem solid, but we trust NetApp to deliver us the best product.

One of the big benefits was the scalability. We wanted to grow as is.

We have a lot of problems with this right now, so this product seems to help.

We have always had great technical support from NetApp on all their solutions. That's why I trust them against all our other vendors.

The initial setup is straightforward. Most of the information can be found outside of the config guide, either way the information is available.

We used a reseller for deployment, PEAK Resources. We have been using them for 15 years. They're awesome.

We chose NetApp for a lot of support reasons.

Other vendors did not seem to not be on the forefront with their solutions. Their roadmaps for the future were unclear, where NetApp's roadmap is solid. It seemed very specific for our needs.

We also looked at IBM, Pure Storage, Nutanix, and Pivot3. None of them met the mark. They were all short for a lot of reasons, but mainly it was the roadmaps. They were unclear and general, so we decided to go with NetApp.

Don't buy IBM.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp solutions get rid of a lot of time spent on the operational side. This solution makes things easier for us on the operations side.

NetApp seems to be very cognizant of what we need and where the future of technology is going with health care, in general.