NetApp ONTAP Review

Gives us control of data in the cloud and allows us to pay for what we need

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage data in the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our mobility in managing our data anywhere and anytime.

Also, because it is deployed and managed from NetApp Cloud Manager as a software-only solution on Amazon EC2 compute instances, managing Amazon EBS storage enables customers to build a virtual storage solution directly on Amazon resources.

What is most valuable?

• Total control of data in the cloud
  • Multiple consumption modes
  • Rapid deployment

In addition, we have some databases hosted in this solution and are very impressed by the performance and speed of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The way you attach, move, migrate, and access LUNs is complicated, and if you do not know how to do it, it can be a great problem for your IT environment.

It can scale according to your IT needs.

There are two consumption methods: pay as you go and subscription. Pay as you go is purchased directly from your AWS account and is charged either on an hourly basis or annually. It is a little expensive but worth it.

Purchasing this solution through AWS Marketplace was secure. We purchased it there because we are AWS customers.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of other products it works with in our environment, we have only tried it with database workloads in AWS.

I rate this solution at ten out of ten because NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP provides a level of flexibility that allows you to pay for what you need, when you need it.

More NetApp ONTAP reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Learn what your peers think about NetApp ONTAP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.