Netezza Analytics Review

Stable with limited administration needed but it's coming up on its end of life

What is our primary use case?

We're currently trying to create a data warehouse on the solution.

What is most valuable?

The appliance is quite quiet.

The need for administration involvement is quite limited on the solution.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if Netezza offers a cloud version of the solution or not, but if they don't they should. Most companies are focused on moving towards the cloud. If it was on a cloud it would offer certain scalability and performance aspects it can't offer as a physical appliance.

I'm not sure of IBM's roadmap currently, as the solution is coming up on its end of life.

I was using the solution until about six months ago; the solution is coming up on its end of life.

The solution is stable. Design time estimates are still required, but it's quite a stable product. It's not like cloud technologies or if they're on the computer, that the storage can be spread out. It can only be IP coupled on hand, which is not the case for other solutions like Snowflake or other kinds of cloud implementations.

As an on-premises appliance, we have to add boxes, but that's an option if we need to scale. It's not as scalable as a cloud solution; it's limited by certain boundaries. We have about 20-30 people using the solution currently.

I haven't been in touch with technical support over the last year, so I can't really comment on their level of service.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup, I joined it in between. My role was to support the BAU and then to set up a Cloud Data Hybrid Platform. On the data side, I was much more involved.

What other advice do I have?

We were using the on-premises deployment model.

I haven't been following the solution for the last year or year and a half, so I don't have too much to say about it.

I'd rate it seven out of ten.

Striper
More Netezza Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Cloudera and others in Hadoop. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.