NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG Review

With utilization and consumption of bandwidth, we can usually see what application is taking as much as they should

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for reactive application monitoring, not proactive yet.

We are working on deploying proactive monitoring of SaaS applications and remote sites.

The company has been using the product for years.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us the ability to show application teams more on their own applications rather than just telling them what we see and check. This is something that we can share with them.

This solution provides us with increased visibility while conducting IT deployments. If we are changing services, we usually like to enable the monitoring prior. We want to see how the changes and migration have taken effect, or if it's working as expected.

It helps us get to root cause quickly. With utilization and consumption of bandwidth, we can usually see what application is taking as much as they should (or shouldn't), then account for it accordingly.

What is most valuable?

The real-time troubleshooting and application segregation that you can do within it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improved level of stitching between IPs.

It is pretty much stable.

It can be scalable. It just costs too much. With a company as big as ours, it gets too expensive to accommodate every single site.

The technical support is good. We have an SE onsite a couple days a week.

We used NETSCOUT for the deployment.

I have seen ROI in terms of time. This solution has cut our overall troubleshooting time.

This product could be cheaper.

I recently stacked the NETSCOUT product up against its competitors, and this one came on top.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a good application monitoring and packet analysis tool, you can strategically use NETSCOUT to get it done. Depending on how you do it, you can do it in a cost-efficient way. That is how we did it.

I haven't used the single pane of glass or the dependency mapping.

More NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, Cisco, PICO and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.