NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG Review

The single pane of glass feed still needs work, but the stability is rock solid

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring subscribers.

What is most valuable?

It provides you with your Internet traffic volume, like Facebook, and where your biggest source of volume is coming from.

What needs improvement?

The single pane of glass feed still needs work. I do feel for what we have that it's fine.

I would like them to simplify the interface when you go into nGeniousONE. When you look at your interfaces, they should combine them all, and instead of looking at an interface, have you look at events. Combine everything into one view.

It is very rock solid. We hardly have any hardware issues.

To capture more with the solution that we bought, you have to buy another InfiniStreamNG, and there are only four ports in the back.

I don't directly interface with the technical support. There is another group which does that in my company.

In my environment, any installation is complex. There was a lot of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Also, getting the maintenance to do the work for the install required scheduling.

We deployed in-house.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is not great, but it is not bad. It is just a monitoring device. It is an okay tool, but it's not the end all, be all of all tools.

The engineers in our core use it a lot more than we do. They have seen a measurable decrease in MTTK and MTTR, plus a reduction in their troubleshooting time.

More NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG reviews from users