6mc9b0wlzl1qccukkbyq 400x400

Opsview Enterprise Review
It allows proactive event management for infrastructure and business services.

Valuable Features:

For me, scalability and reliability are the product's most valuable features.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows proactive event management for both infrastructure and business services.

Room for Improvement:

Opsview lacks few features. All of the areas we listed for improvement were implemented in version 5.

Nonetheless, if it were to become more than a super monitoring tool, I would wish for an integrated CMDB and call-logging module to create a standalone integrated IT service management system out of it. It has the potential!

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for two years.

Stability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with stability in our implementation.

Scalability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with scalability. It easily scaled up to two datacentres when the need arose.

Technical support was professional and knowledgeable.

Previous Solutions:

We used Nagios Core Open Source, so we had no certifiable support.

Initial Setup:

Setup was straightforward. Population of checked hosts was automated, thanks to the RESTful Web API. We added multiple hosts and check configurations this way.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I feel that the pricing is fair and well worth it for the value extracted from it.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before choosing this product, we evaluated Icinga.

Other Advice:

Plan carefully and use the wiki!

3 Comments

4a884903 cbb4 4a01 ae18 b85d9b060dbc avatar?1439231342

Can you provide information as to what detailed functionality the product offers? What algorithms, what views, what data feeds, what data outputs
...

Like (1)15 September 16
Ea0114de 1467 4f58 9c6c cc27a31712ff avatar

Hi Philippe. Yours is a rather global query that could be answered by reading available knowledge for OpsView. Could you be a little more specific please? For instance: "how was the RESTful API leveraged to populate the hosts and associate them with specific host templates in your monitoring environment" ?

Like (0)20 September 16
4a884903 cbb4 4a01 ae18 b85d9b060dbc avatar?1439231342

Hi Wayne, thanks for coming back. Let's start with this:
What triggers the webservice call and have you automated the matching of the templates to the monitored configuration items?
Can you also please point me to the doc you are referring to?
Many thanks!

Philippe

Like (0)20 September 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Opsview Enterprise?

Our experts can help. 228,876 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.