Opsview Monitor Review

This "ticks the boxes" for our customers who have been asking for Operational Dashboards.

Valuable Features

The dashboard, which gives us real-time monitoring, is the most valuable feature for us.

Improvements to My Organization

We are now providing visual representations for our big data solutions. This "ticks the boxes" for our customers who have been asking for Operational Dashboards for years. Because they are so easy to set up, we are able to set them up pretty quickly.

Room for Improvement

It's probably the priciest option of all its main competitors.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

We've haven't had any issues with deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

The onsite support we had during the initial implementation was excellent. Their knowledge was excellent and everyone took time to explain the technology as they were working on the solution. I just wish I could have had more time with them.

We are using it alongside Opsview, which we use to monitor our virtual infrastructure.

As with all new products we have had a few teething issues. As we have expanded and gained experience with the product our lessons learned have made things easier.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is a little more expensive than some of the other options we looked at, but the dashboard features are much better than any other product we looked at, especially when we moved to v5.

Other Solutions Considered

We also evaluated Nagios XI and Nagios Core.

Other Advice

Plan your deployment options carefully. The dashboards are the real value add for this product in my opinion and enhance customer experience if done properly. Which in turn builds relationships. Most customers are not too worried that you have a 100 events in the system. They need to know and understand that their service is running and available. Look at automation opportunities to speed up deployment processes -- Puppet, Chef, etc.