What is most valuable?
- Easy setup hosts
- Easy configuring service checks
- Very easy-to-use interface, especially starting from v5 onwards
- Advanced tweaking possibilities
How has it helped my organization?
It's helping to actively monitor our systems.
What needs improvement?
- Easier expansions
- Better documentations
- Having tabs inside, 2F authentication
- Incorrect documentation for version 5.0
- Lack of tabs in Opsview GUI
- Unnecessary configuration and manual setup for slave appliances which can be configured by Opsview inside the VM
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using it for seven months.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
We haven't had issues with our deployments.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Often the webpage becomes inaccessible and you need to refresh the page.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
With the way the service checks work, you need to perform lots of manual setups to create specific service checks and templates for each host.
How are customer service and technical support?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I used Icinga in my previous company.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is straightforward if the documentation is correct.
What was our ROI?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Get the silver package for enterprise.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
No other options were looked at.
What other advice do I have?
Devise the exact templates you want to create before messing it up.