Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

It handles metadata management efficiently and exports data loads from our ERP system to our finance data warehouse.

What is most valuable?

It's highly flexible, and can interface with almost any technology. One of the best ETL tools.

How has it helped my organization?

It has streamlined and automated data loads, and exports from our ERP system to our finance data warehouse and to Hyperion Essbase. The post-data load tie-back to the source system was also performed using this tool. The tool has also made metadata management more efficient, and automated the process from relational source to Hyperion Essbase.

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered.

It used to crash with large datasets.

I've never had to contact them.

This is the only ETL tool I have used and never found a need to look for another. It met all our needs.

Straighforward except for DBA involvement during installation for schema creation.

The implementation was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
author avatarBrian Dandeneau
TOP 5LEADERBOARDConsultant

Great review. I agree that it can streamline the Metadata loading process for EPM applications. Especially if you have DRM installed you can automate the front to end process just by kicking off a few batch scripts. You just have to make sure you have the licensing to do it.