Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

Heterogeneous technologies can be integrated with ODI, including the latest web services.

Valuable Features

I feel that Oracle provides users with the best functionalities from ODI by constantly improving the functionalities in all areas.

Improvements to My Organization

Any IT company that relies on data coming from its clients or internal users requires data maintenance. All that collected data should be able to provide insight into the various behaviors of the clients across different platforms. For us, ODI has been key in collecting, transforming, and storing information from our various sources.

Room for Improvement

The two areas that I see for improvement would be the UI and the procedures for accessing it.

Use of Solution

I have been using ODI for the last seven years starting with 10g. In my experience, Oracle has spent a lot of effort in improving the tool.

I never faced issues with the deployment since 11g. Oracle has made very good improvements in terms of the deployment. DBA objects take more time than the code deployment, which are the easiest and quickest ones. There is no room for errors when we have an environment in production.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

5/10 - Technical support needs to be improved.

I haven't used any other solutions since this product has the potential to provide a solution for any complex requirement.

It's straightforward to set up.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through a vendor.

Other Advice

I definitely recommend using this for any data warehouse project.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Brian DandeneauConsultantTOP 5POPULAR

This is a great way of describing ODI. Thanks for putting this on ITCentralStation and getting the word out about ODI.

13 May 16