Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

It provides good integration with other Oracle products.

Valuable Features

The possibilities provided by using knowledge modules and the integration with other Oracle products.

Improvements to My Organization

The old fashion PL/SQL codes have been translated into ODI, improving the way of maintenance. Several developers can work on the same project easily.

Room for Improvement

The software is developed on Java so it is very hardware dependent. You will need enough hardware to run the software otherwise you will struggle with it.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for the last four years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

When developing on huge internal repositories, the performance is often quite poor.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

I have managed to solve my questions/issues via OTN or forums.

I haven't used any other products.

The first time might look a bit complex but using the right documentation it should be easy to handle.

Implementation Team

It was already implemented on the projects where I have worked.

Other Solutions Considered

I didn't look at any other similar products.

1 Comment
Alan YvesConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

That is true!! the integration with other Oracle products is great and enable several business functionalities, some of the examples I have seen and worked on are the integration of OBIEE and BPEL(SOA) with ODI, for example, when you have OBIEE in your environment one of the advantages is that you can enable the end-user to load files, or load data from one DB to another and this is on his most convenient time through OBIEE this is also possible, the way he or she does this is by invoking some ODI methods that runs webservice's calls by passing some parameters through an OBIEE action that invokes scenarios, loadplans etc.. of course it is necessary some configuration such as the JAVAEE agent, you will need to configure 3 files in ODI acordingly: oraclediagent.ear, oraclediagent.war, OdiInvoke.wsil, you will need to update the deployment in weblogic server.
In OBIEE the first step is to register the ODI Web Services in the OBIEE Action Framework configuration file called ActionFrameworkConfig.xml, for ODI webservices you can check the link below as a reference:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/integrate.1111/e12643/web_services.htm#ODIDG480 ,

Regards,