Oracle Database as a Service Review

Easy to use, scales quickly, and has good support available

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for multiple databases.

I have written Oracle scripts for operational databases and uploading databases.

Our environment includes a Red Hat server with two storage devices for high availability.

How has it helped my organization?

I have been able to assist people with technical support remotely.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very stable, easy to use, and scales quickly. When we want more information on something that we are using, it is easy to find related topics on the internet.

We use the automated system for creating tables.

The security system is very good.

What needs improvement?

When we troubleshoot, there are many tools that we need to use. One example is having to look at the system logs. The troubleshooting process should be improved so that we can resolve errors faster.

Oracle demands a lot of memory and you need to have a strong machine.

In the next release, I would like to see a framework for memory management.

We have been using this solution for one year.

Oracle databases are stable. It is a very dependable application.

Oracle has many strong features and tools. There are many options and possibilities.

Technical support for this solution is good.

I have used MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, and there is no comparison to Oracle.

I simply followed the instructions on the Oracle website.

The deployment took several months because we have a complex architecture with six thousand servers.

What other advice do I have?

I don't use the management features because I don't work with the GUI. I prefer to use the command line.

Oracle is a very good solution that I would recommend. It is strong software with good support and documentation available.