Oracle Database as a Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Database as a Service is #5 ranked solution in top Database as a Service vendors. IT Central Station users give Oracle Database as a Service an average rating of 10 out of 10. Oracle Database as a Service is most commonly compared to Amazon RDS:Oracle Database as a Service vs Amazon RDS. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 42% of all views.
What is Oracle Database as a Service?
Oracle Database Cloud Service combines the power of Oracle Database, with the unique capabilities of the Oracle Cloud. The service provides a secure, automated data management platform that leverages on demand Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services via a simple web based user interface and RESTful API. Oracle Database Cloud Service provides elastic database services for development, test, and production environments of custom and packaged online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehousing, and mixed workload applications. It enables businesses to reap all Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) benefits including subscriptionbased, self-service access to reliable, scalable, and elastic cloud environments and accelerates time to value by simplifying the provisioning and administration of Oracle databases.

Oracle Database as a Service was previously known as Oracle DBaaS, Oracle Database Cloud.

Download the Database as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Database as a Service Customers
Solution-Soft, DX Marketing, Suredell and Partners, Frontiers, SettleOurEstate.com, Demand Analysis Ltd, endlich IT & Projekt Service OHG
Oracle Database as a Service Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Database as a Service pricing:
  • "The pricing is a little bit expensive."

Oracle Database as a Service Reviews

KR
Information Technology Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Scalable with good analysis and diagnosis functionality

• "If the solution is installed in your environment correctly, you are not going to have any issues whatsoever. It's problem-free."
  • "One of the things that I have noticed is that there are some services that will give you a hard time during implementation if you are looking at the documentation of Oracle. Sometimes the documentation information is quite limited. It's an aspect of the solution they could improve."

What is our primary use case?

We can use the product for so many things. For example, we can use it for integrating with different services, and as a middleware, using it to access the Oracle forms. I've used it with things like Enterprise Manager Cloud Control or Enterprise Manager.

What is most valuable?

Since I work as a database administrator, I like the way Oracle has Oracle database information. So it's quite easy for me to rectify issues pertaining to Oracle Database. Oracle has managed to allocate tools that can be used to analyze the problems when they arise.

They've done tremendous work in terms of analysis and diagnosis. It's quite easy to use the database, provided you have managed to install it according to your Oracle standard.

The solution has been very stable over the years.

We've found the solution to be quite scalable.

What needs improvement?

We've been very happy with the solution. I can't recall any missing features. It works well once it is installed correctly. If you install it incorrectly in your environment, you may run into issues.

I've been using the solution for quite some time now. We've roughly been in production for more than five years now.

The solution is very, very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not buggy or glitchy. It's reliable and offers good performance.

The solution is highly scalable. I did try both Autonomous Database and Data Warehouse on the cloud. On the cloud, there isn't much. You need to work a lot on the data side where ever you want, how you want your data to be presented. Things like BI are going to present your data.

We support a huge number of users. The number of users Oracle can handle is amazing.

Oracle technical support has always been very good. We have no complaints. They are helpful and responsive and we are satisfied with the level of support they provide to us.

If you have an Oracle Support Account, you shouldn't run into any issues at all.

There really isn't an installation process for the solution. It's on the cloud.

I don't directly deal with payments or licensing and therefore cannot directly speak to overall costs or licensing agreements.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and end-user and we help clients that are also using Oracle.

We're using an older version of the solution.

As an IT company, we provide services to different companies. Right now we are working on a project which is running on an older version, 11G. It's a government institute. However, we support a huge number of users.

I always recommend Oracle for my clients, to those who are interested in engaging technologies. I always encourage others to also take certification courses. Oracle has had free courses for the cloud, and I really advise those interested in the solution to get in on one.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

MS
Senior BackEnd .net at a wholesaler/distributor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Solution helps our clients migrate databases quickly to the cloud

• "My impression of the scalability of Oracle Database as a Service is very high."
  • "The initial setup is complex. This is not a really easy solution. It is very large, so it's hard to install, but it's not impossible."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients have a variety of use cases for this solution. It can be used at gas stations and supermarkets.

What is most valuable?

Clients come to us with huge on-prem databases. Because of the size of the databases, it can be difficult to grow to cloud. Thanks to Oracle Database as a Service, we can help these clients migrate quickly.

Oracle solutions give our clients visibility.

What needs improvement?

No company is perfect, but Oracle does need to improve their support. They need to really focus on the customer experience, et cetera.

I would also like to see them improve the Oracle Database Interface for distributor businesses.

I have a year of experience with Oracle Database as a Service.

My impression of the stability of this solution is also very high.

My impression of the scalability of Oracle Database as a Service is very high.

I think that Oracle's technical support could improve. When they understand what the problem is, they are fast and solve it quickly, but it is difficult to get to that point with them. Sometimes communication is strained by the fact that we're always talking to different tech support specialists. Maybe the solution would be a sort of segmentation of their tech support team by departments. They do have some good people, but it takes some time to find them because you have to go through their call center.

The initial setup is complex. This is not a really easy solution. It is very large, so it's hard to install, but it's not impossible.

For our clients, Microsoft is an alternative. Microsoft is cheaper, faster and has better support than Oracle.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Amazon, Microsoft and others in Database as a Service. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MV
Founder at a legal firm with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good integration with Oracle products, but it is expensive and the licensing is complicated

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Oracle Database as a Service is one of the products that we supply to our clients. When we sell application solutions, such as one for core banking, they all need a database. In some cases, we use this service to satisfy the requirement.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration into other Oracle applications.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is complicated and should be simplified. There are different prices that depend on hardware and other factors.

I have been working with this service for between four and five years.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration into other Oracle applications.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with this service for between four and five years.

We engage with a partner to perform the installation of this managed service to our clients.

The pricing is a little bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.