Oracle Linux Review

We can get support for it as part of our Oracle infrastructure.

Valuable Features:

The biggest advantages of going with Oracle Linux are that it's very stable and it's an open source solution. Also, because we run a lot of other Oracle products, it's great that we can get support for it as part of our Oracle infrastructure.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's really improved the reliability of our applications both in terms of the fact that Oracle Linux is so stable and because it works well with our other Oracle products. That's very valuable as we maintain an infrastructure that includes basic, high quality technologies from a one vendor.

Room for Improvement:

It would be nice if they could release newer versions quicker. Sometimes we have to wait a while for some new versions to come out with features that we need. You want to be taking advantage of some newer features as soon as possible in order to function better.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues at all deploying it.

Stability Issues:

I think it's fine, there's no issue there. It's been very, very stable.

Scalability Issues:

We have no issues scaling it for our needs.

Previous Solutions:

We use Red Hat as well. They're pretty comparable. I think they're pretty much the same from what I could tell, the differentiator being, of course, that we also run other Oracle products.

Initial Setup:

It's implemented just fine. The installer is pretty easy and straightforward. The ease of setting it up was a combination of the product and knowledge on our part.

Implementation Team:

We did the implementation ourselves.

Other Advice:

Study ahead of time so you know what you're working with. It's not difficult, but you should know enough to make it easier on yourself.