Oracle Linux Overview
What is Oracle Linux?
Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtualization are powerful open source foundation products optimized for building both Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure. They provide a secure, scalable, and flexible platform for running both legacy and next generation Cloud Native Applications. As the foundation for Oracle’s Public and Managed Clouds, customers benefit from the comprehensive co-engineering which ensures a robust and highly manageable platform that is battle-tested in one of the worlds largest public clouds.. Unlike many other commercial Linux distributions, Oracle Linux is easy to download and completely free to use, free to distribute, and free to update. And Oracle Linux Support levels are simple and low cost, featuring Premier lifetime support, access to additional management tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, zero-downtime kernel updates using Ksplice, and access to award-winning Oracle support resources and customer support specialists.
Oracle Linux is also known as Oracle Enterprise Linux.
Oracle Linux Buyer's Guide
Download the Oracle Linux Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021
Oracle Linux Customers
Oracle Linux Video
What users are saying about Oracle Linux pricing:
- "Nowadays, Oracle is very open toward price negotiation; they negotiate well with their clients"
- "The licensing is expensive."
- "Oracle Linux is very cheap at this time."
- "This is an open-source product that can be used free of charge."
- "There is a license required for this solution and we are on an annual license."