Oracle Linux Review

With Ksplice, which is provided free, it can be patched without downtime.

What is our primary use case?

Ksplice is a really cool feature. The availability is maximized because it can be patched without downtime. Oracle Linux provides free Ksplice.

How has it helped my organization?

Productivity has improved as it is easier to deploy and use. In particular, various open source packages can be more easily installed and managed, and systematically maintained.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I hope you have a built-in package to visualize your performance and analysis tools.

I can install and use the open-source tools, but I hope to use the proven packages.

More than five years.

We have not encountered any stability issues. It was very stable. Safety is at the highest level and there has never been a problem.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; scalability was also very satisfactory.

Customer service is wonderful.

Technical support is very skilled and stable. However, in Korea, 24-hour call service is only available in English.

I switched some of my UNIX systems to x86. As a result of the U2L project, I chose the OS as Linux.

The installation was very simple. Installation was quick and easy with a few clicks.

We used to use UNIX. And I'm using some Red Hat and CentOS. I switched some of CentOS to Oracle Linux. We do it directly. We have many engineers with various levels of experience.

• Service continuity through zero downtime and low-cost subscription

Oracle Linux is provided by Oracle subscription and is equivalent or better than other Linux technical support. However, support costs are about half that level.

Before choosing this product, we also considered Red Hat and SUSE. However, we chose Oracle Linux to use the Oracle kernel optimized for Oracle applications.

What other advice do I have?

If you convert UNIX to Linux... and if stability and service downtime are to be minimized, Oracle Linux is the solution.