Oracle Linux Review

Virtualisation, Linux have contributed to reduced cost and time to create customer bids

What is our primary use case?

Fujitsu uses OVM and Oracle Linux extensively with Fujitsu hardware to provide our customers with a certified, scalable, pre-tested platform to run Oracle Applications and technology.

How has it helped my organization?

The use of a pre-defined and certified architecture that combines a market leading Fujitsu server architecture along with Oracle's virtualisation technology and Linux operating system, has allowed Fujitsu to reduce the cost and time to create customer bids.

What is most valuable?

Optimising the use of Oracle licenses on behalf of our customers to get most efficient cost of ownership.

What needs improvement?

Fujitsu works closely with Oracle's product development team to provide feedback on areas for improvement on behalf of our customers.

More than five years.

In the early days of using the product, Fujitsu had some issues with both the stability and functionality of the product. Oracle was very responsive to this feedback and, as a result, has incorporated many of the ideas that were shared by Fujitsu. The result is a market-leading solution.

No issues with scalability.

Excellent. Oracle also encouraged a direct working relationship with the product development team, which has served to help in getting support.

Work with Fujitsu to learn from our experience. We are able to provide a pre-certified architecture that incorporates the best of both Oracle and Fujitsu technology to provide a highly scalable platform for Oracle workloads.