Oracle Multitenant Review

Streamlines the cloning of databases and environments for us, takes half the time

What is most valuable?

It's very helpful for cloning. The pluggable databases and everything works super easy, because we clone the databases every week. This saves time and effort.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past it would take about five hours for us, on a weekly basis, to clone one database or one environment. Now it takes less than two hours. It saves a lot of time over the weekends. Got better things to do!

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything right now, I've been pretty content with what we have.

Less than a year.

It's pretty stable, pretty strong.

We are all stand-alone right now. We are not interact, so I'm hoping, with the kind of product Oracle comes up with, that it will definitely be scalable.

I would rate technical support at Oracle a three out of five. They're good, but not good always. It's about finding the right, knowledgeable person to talk to.

Response time is not that great. You have to say, "My production system is down." Sometimes we escalate it to our Account Manager, who's tied up with the Oracle Account Manager. Sometimes the escalation is needed, especially when it's rough.

But I'm happy. Not overly happy, but happy with the support.

It was all a manual process.

It took a while for us to get it, because of the new technology, but once we got the whole of it, it's pretty straightforward.

They didn't send a team. Everything's money. If they send people, it is money, and I work for the government, and we don't have that much money lying around, so it wasn't easy.

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty good product. Go for it.