Palantir Foundry Review

User-friendly, good automation, and allows you to do a better job of data governance

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything, including sales. One of our use cases is performing machine learning to gives us an understanding of customer behavior, and which message should be used to target different customers.

What is most valuable?

The interface is really user-friendly.

This product allows you to do a better data governance job. For example, it will show you data along with information that explains what it is about and what columns it comes from. It will also allow you to give row-level access to different people, which is important in a corporate setting because restricting access to certain datasets is important.

The built-in automation makes tasks easier.

This solution allows you to do an extensive analysis that cannot be done on a personal computer, or even an on-premises server because of the computational effort that is required. It is enormous.

What needs improvement?

They do not have a data center in Europe, and we have lots of personally identifiable information in our dataset that needs to be hosted by a third-party data center like Amazon or Microsoft Azure.

There are some issues with scalability because when we are using a really large dataset, the system is rather slow.

The performance can be improved. It would make our life a lot easier if it were as fast as Google Cloud. The GCP is unmatchable in terms of the speed at the moment.

From a user perspective, it would be nice to have a preview of what the data is looking like. As it is now, you can see the schema but not the actual data. For example, they can see the different columns but they don't know what's there. If they could inspect the first few hundred columns of data then they would have an idea of what they are dealing with.

I have been using Palantir Foundry for the past two years.

This solution is scalable to an extent. Because we have to rely on different cloud providers, the performance when scaling depends on your negotiations with the providers. If there is enough bandwidth then it works fine but if not, it tends to get quite slow at times.

Technical support is okay.

What other advice do I have?