Performance Center Review

It has protocols that are easy to use, such as mainframe communication, and provides the ability to schedule functionalities.

Valuable Features

For us, the features we value and use the most are web and HTTP support. It also has protocols that are easy to use, such as mainframe communication, and provides the ability to schedule functionalities.

For example, we've scheduled a week of performance testing, and when it runs, it does so without breaking. It then provides the resources available and analysis of the results of tests based on monitoring preferences.

Improvements to My Organization

It's our main tool for performance testing.

Room for Improvement

It needs integration with open-source tools. It should also have version control of scripts, SDI, or GitHub. I'd also like to see some kind of EDI integration and open-source support.

It's deployed well for us.

We're using version 11.5 right now and it's OK. The latest version is 12.5, and we need to upgrade ASAP. The previous versions were pretty unstable, but that's been fixed now.

It is very scalable.

The first-level guys are OK, but when you get to the R&D guys in third-level support, they're excellent. But our company policy requires us to go though our IT department as they're pretty experienced with Performance Center. But this takes a long time.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

You should be aware of what you want to test. Could you settle for a less pricey solution? It's a very expensive tool, and it has a lot of features you may not need.

Other Advice

It's an expensive tool, so you need to be prepared to invest in training your people and to have patience as they will need to use it a lot to become adept at it.