Performance Center Review

It's a flexible solution, including the reporting capabilities.

Valuable Features

It's the most flexible and best solution for our people who are both offshore and onshore because of the reporting capabilities. When we hire new employees, we look for people who have used this tool for testing experience.

Improvements to My Organization

It's allowed us to really focus on load testing and to get some results that we've reported to our business managers.

Another thing we really like is that it takes advantage of our monitoring tools when we're performance testing. They work well together.

Room for Improvement

The migration from LoadRunner to Performance Center was not as smooth as I would have liked. Some of it was not the tool but us, but it still could have been smoother and taken a little bit less time.

Use of Solution

We started off with LoadRunner and we've been using that for probably a year, and then we just recently converted over to the Performance Center, which is their staff solution, in the last year.

We've had no issues with deployment, other than the initial migration.

It's stable now.

For situations in which we've had to scale up a little bit, they've been there to help us. We didn't have any trouble scaling.

I have not been as impressed as with their other products. They do respond, they do have the knowledge to do this but it hasn't been the same as what I've seen with other products. A little more challenging.

We were challenged in out setup, making it more complex, because we didn't us HP cloud and were using AWS instead. Some of the connections weren't set up properly.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Make sure you figure out what you want before you buy. Determine how many and what types of licenses you need.

Other Solutions Considered

Although there may be other products out there that do an amazing job, they don't necessarily have the skill set in the industry that makes it worth me going out there and looking at them.

Other Advice

During implementation, make sure you're talking about a cloud solution. You may be implementing in multiple areas, so planning is very important.

2 visitors found this review helpful
1 Comment
UserUser

I work with HP PC & HP LR for more than 9 years and it is a great tool if it is correctly implemented

18 March 16