Planview Enterprise One Review

Provides visibility into our IT assets. However, there have been some interruptions in service.

What is our primary use case?

We use it to help us manage our IT assets for our company.

How has it helped my organization?

We've heard many heard sound bites from other areas where, five to seven years ago, they did not have this type of visibility into the IT assets for the organization. As it is now, we work with multiple teams who ask us for these different types of information. None of which would have been possible without having an application like Enterprise One.

The biggest impact has been the visibility into our IT assets.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most important features that we find are the ability to relate assets to one another (applications to software and hardware) and associate capabilities to each of our assets, as well as to whom the users in our user base are, whether they're internal/external customers and which departments. From this, we can create reports which can help identify for a particular department the applications that they use or own. Then, from there, the capabilities they offer.

We do find the solution flexible. Having the ability to make customizations to the product offers a great deal of flexibility to buy business requirements as well as meet the needs of our clients and customers.

What needs improvement?

The product can probably improve in a couple areas:

1. Support is still a challenge. We find it challenging more due to the responsiveness and getting a case or ticket assigned to an analyst. That's what I was just doing. I was following up on an email that we opened last week. We haven't heard anything, so following up on that. So, that's one area of opportunity.
  2. I would like them to be more product-focused with the continuing evolution of the product. As companies transform the way they do IT asset management, the product should continually change with it as well.

We do have some interruptions in service for one reason or another, but a majority of the time, it seems very stable.

We don't scale. We don't have a lot of users, just in the hundreds, even though our organization is in the thousands.

It seems fairly scalable, particularly as our organization is in the cloud.

We interact with technical support quite often, whether it's deployments, bugs, or errors that we run into. We work with them on a fairly regular basis, whether it's just typical deployments or if it's actual issues that we run into. Most of the time, it's on the Planview side, whether it is an outage or some performance issues. Occasionally, it's something that we introduced.

I was not involved with the initial setup.

Our ROI is the visibility and relationships between our applications and software with one another along with the ability to tie capabilities and assign owners to identify individuals who are related to the assets. In a lot of cases, different areas of the organization have different needs. They come to us for information regarding different IT assets, and we're fortunate enough to be able to provide that information from what we've captured and placed into the Enterprise One application.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product a seven out of 10.

More Planview Enterprise One reviews from users