Planview LeanKit Review

Makes work visible so everyone know where things are

What is our primary use case?

We do it to make work visible on one board in the area of sales and transformations on another.

I am just a user. I do not administrate it nor do I manage it. I do not set anything up for it. I am just opening up cards.

Our clients use LeanKit heavily. I have seen it at Walmart, for example.

What is most valuable?

It makes work visible, so everybody knows where everything is. It uses Kanban, and that makes work visible.

It is pretty easy to find your way through LeanKit.

It supports all of the classes and services associated with the cost of delay, so various types of swim lanes. So, it is very flexible that way.

What needs improvement?

I do not know what it can do in the area of scrum. Maybe it has that functionality. I have never tried to set it up. You think of LeanKit from the perspective of Kanban. I don't know if there is a template for scrum, a scaled agile framework, or any of those scaling frameworks.

I just started with my company six weeks ago, and they use it heavily.

The stability seems good.

I have seen it used by a lot of people at the same time concurrently.

Our company is small, but Walmart has a large number of users in Bentonville, Arkansas.

I haven't contacted technical support because the product is stable, and I am not an administrator.

I have seen AgileCraft, which is now JiraAlign. I have also seen JIRA. Those other products are more centered around scrum and scaling, which are completely different types of products, but that is what they are sold as. JIRA is sold as doing scrum, but doing Kanban also. Whereas, LeanKit is Kanban.

What other advice do I have?

Training documentation was originally provided by my company during the onboarding process. They gave us the links and a user guide. I did not watch any videos. I am an agile coach and trainer, so I teach Kanban. I have administered other systems.

When you think of LeanKit, you think of Kanban. You don't think of anything else. Maybe it is because it has the word has lean in it.

I would rate the product as a 10 out of 10. What it does, it does well. It is fine for Kanban.