Planview Spigit Review

Lets ideas naturally progress; identifying the best ideas

What is our primary use case?

Continuous improvement is the primary use case. We are not using it to develop new products. We use it to take something existing, then improve it, whether it's an improved process or improved way of doing things.

We are only using it for the front-end.

How has it helped my organization?

The organizational improvement is more qualitative. We are able to ask a large number of people for input, easily gather that input, and then make sense of it. We previously didn't have a way to do that. Now, we have it.

This is more of a support to an innovation program. It is just a tool. For example, we did some things similar in the past, but it was with smaller groups of people and usually in-person. Or, it just had limited ways for getting, storing, and sharing the information. This solution enables a broader audience to participate.

It has increased application efficiency. This solution helps on the front-end, increasing efficiency. We are 200 percent more effective.

The solution enables us to consolidate duplicate responses from employees. By combining ideas, it minimizes confusion. People are able to group several ideas together. While this doesn't reduce overhead, it eliminates confusion.

What is most valuable?

As a global organization, we are able to allow all our associates around the world to contribute and collaborate.

We use the Spigit's dashboards and reporting. It puts all the information in the hands of the expert role. Therefore, they don't have to page through different ideas on the platform. They can look at a spreadsheet and see everything in one place.

The solution’s functionality helps us to prioritize and select the best ideas. Many times, we will use an expert team to help pick roles. At the same time, we also rely on the Pairwise to simply go off of the input from the crowd.

What needs improvement?

Setting up a challenge timeline is a bit tedious and could be improved. in Spigit, the timeline is done with phases. You have to manually enter the start and stop of each phase. When you change one, all subsequent phases get changed automatically but are not consistent with the way you had it. There is a lot of double checking. This could be simplified to: I want this to start here and go for this many days. It would be a lot easier on the setup.

Two years.

The stability is very good.

Just one person is required to manage the deployment and maintenance of Spigit. That is me.

The scalability is very good. We have been very happy with how easy it was to get everybody onto the platform. We have over 10,000 names in the application. All different roles are represented. Everything from the CEO down to technical support and customer support. In addition, the executive team is in it along with sales and marketing, finance, and engineering.

We have no plans to increase usage, as everyone is already using the solution.

The technical support is very good.

This is our first implementation of this type of solution.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The tech support from Spigit talked with our tech support. Within an hour or two, we had the connections made and everything was talking. It seemed very easy to get set up and running.

The yearly licensing cost is $55,000.

We did research and considered Imaginatik, but chose Spigit. With Spigit, there is more automation within the challenge. The crowd can help identify better ideas. There is less manual input in order to help select winners. Spigit does a nice job of enabling the platform to identify the best ideas.

We chose Spigit because when using it ideas naturally progress. Also, when you compare one company versus another, Spigit was a bit larger and seemed more stable.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you have willing and engaged sponsors. That makes all the difference in the world.

The biggest lesson learnt is that culture is a big consideration with how well the program will be adopted.

The solution is a 10 (out of 10). I enjoy using the product.