PostgreSQL Review

The management studio with product is create and intuitive.​

Valuable Features

The product is free, which is a huge benefit. There are options to create clusters and maintenance on the databases is easy and fast. The management studio with product is create and intuitive.

Improvements to My Organization

We used this product for applications which require a database. Since MS SQL Express has limitations and regular MS SQL requires pricey licensing, PostgreSQL was an easy choice. The deployment is quick and easy and works with very little configuration, if any at all.

Room for Improvement

The commands for PostgreSQL work, but are behind the curve compared to Microsoft SQL and MySQL. Adding additional functionality to be move comparative to Microsoft SQL would be a nice to have. For experienced users needing to make configuration changes, it is straightforward, but for users who are new to PostgreSQL they need some help working within the config files, a GUI for config may help with this.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for four years.

I've never had any issues performing multiple deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it.

I have never had to contact support, but the documentation they have is very good and extremely detailed.

We use Microsoft SQL (all versions), MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc. We use PostgreSQL when the application supports it and where it makes more economic sense to use it.

Following the setup documentation was extremely straightforward and simple to follow. We have no issues with the install, config or operation of the application.

Implementation Team

We did an in-house implementation for PostgreSQL. The documentation made it easy to do and was very simple to follow.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

PostgreSQL is free to use.

Other Advice

Ensure its a good fit for the application you are using and integration you may have planned. Review all documentation prior to moving forward and always test the new versions before just cutting over.