PostgreSQL Review

I've had no issues deploying it.

What is most valuable?

• Confidentiality
  • Integrity
  • Availability
  • Bug free

I like to work with a piece of software that is bug free and doesn't required to be launched in order that users will find a couple of bugs in the coming weeks and that the company has to fix it.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped me to find an easy and inexpensive solution for databases

What needs improvement?

It would be interesting to have a cloud based database instead of having to install it on any single machine.

I've used it for approximately one to two years.

I've had no issues deploying it.

The stability was an issue, because when coding under Eclipse with Java, some errors occurred while trying to connect to the database, so troubleshooting may be difficult, since you don't know if it's a Java coding issue or a PostgreSQL translation issue.

There have been no issues scaling it.

I never used any customer service or technical support during that time. I used to find alternatives to my issues.

Since Oracle was expensive for a company business an inexpensive way was to focus on PostgreSQL.

The initial setup was straightforward, just activating various modules was more complex.

We did it in-house.

I saved money instead of using the Oracle solution, which might be more secure than PostgreSQL in various ways.

What other advice do I have?

You need to find a lot of time in order to find all functionality and get used to the PostgreSQL syntax Be patient, look for various forums and do learning by doing.

More PostgreSQL reviews from users