PostgreSQL Review

It increased the database possibilities within the company. I'd like the ability to import data safely and securely from other databases without errors.

What is most valuable?

I had many problems on v8.3 when I needed to use SSL client certificate authentication but on version 8.4 my problem was resolved, I’m an information security specialist and my focus is it so all features about security for me is important and the security on PostgreSQL after 8.4 was good.

How has it helped my organization?

I can say that PostgreSQL increased the database possibilities within the company.

What needs improvement?

I have a dream that a database could import data safely and securely from other databases without errors and by using a GUI to help migrate the data.

I've been using it for years.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

There have been no performance issues.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

In my last company, we had been using Access. We changed to PostgreSQL as we needed something more robust and usable. This was provided by PostgreSQL which at the time was the perfect solution for what we needed.

What other advice do I have?

PostgreSQL is a perfect database to be used by small to mid-sized companies. Many years ago when I worked with medium companies I would have given it a 10/10 but as the database community has grown, it has decreased.

More PostgreSQL reviews from users