• Good management tool – the overall management is simplified with Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
• It is cheaper than similar products from other vendors.
• Reduced power consumption
• It supports up to 12 LFF or 24 SFF hot plug-in SAS.
• The nodes are hot swappable.
• Good warranty and support services.
Room for Improvement:
I don't see the possibility of mixing LFF drives with SFF drives in a particular machine.The PowerEdge C series is a racked server good for enterprise data-centers or even cloud services. We deployed four PowerEdge C6100 when we needed to reduce the power consumption and the amount of heat generated in our data-center. In the long run, we discovered that we have succeeded in reducing the space occupied by our old PowerEdge 2900. We also noticed improved performance and simplified maintenance.
Each of the PowerEdge C6100's can accommodate either 12 LFF or 24 SFF hard disk drives. This is a major improvement compared to what we used to have. PowerEdge C6100 is totally independent with its own monitor port, serial port, USB port, and NICs.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jun 28 2012