PowerEdge C Review
High valued racked server for data-center and cloud services

Valuable Features:

• Good management tool – the overall management is simplified with Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) • It is cheaper than similar products from other vendors. • Reduced power consumption • It supports up to 12 LFF or 24 SFF hot plug-in SAS. • The nodes are hot swappable. • Good warranty and support services.

Room for Improvement:

I don't see the possibility of mixing LFF drives with SFF drives in a particular machine.The PowerEdge C series is a racked server good for enterprise data-centers or even cloud services. We deployed four PowerEdge C6100 when we needed to reduce the power consumption and the amount of heat generated in our data-center. In the long run, we discovered that we have succeeded in reducing the space occupied by our old PowerEdge 2900. We also noticed improved performance and simplified maintenance.

Other Advice:

Each of the PowerEdge C6100's can accommodate either 12 LFF or 24 SFF hard disk drives. This is a major improvement compared to what we used to have. PowerEdge C6100 is totally independent with its own monitor port, serial port, USB port, and NICs.