Qlik Replicate Review

A stable solution that performs well and can handle terabytes of data

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant who is using Qlik Replicate for one of our customers. It is primarily used for the historical load, as well as the incremental load.

Our current project involves a client that has their legacy data in SAP HANA. They want to transfer all of the data from SAP into Snowflake. It involves terabytes of data and Qlik is being extensively used.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, this is an excellent product.

What needs improvement?

Qlik can be made more user-friendly.

Support-wise, this solution is in need of improvement.

We have been working with Qlik Replicate for almost one year.

This product is very stable.

The scalability is very good. My customer has about ten people who are using this solution.

When we reach out to technical support, they should be good enough to support us.

When we reached out to them to assist with doing the PoC for our customer, they declined my request. Our customers were trying to access their data and when we asked certain questions from the Qlik folks, they were heavily focused on the licensing issue and wasted time with that while we could have been solving the problem.

By comparison, when I speak with HVR technical support, they never ask anything like this. Rather, they will directly help us. They receive the problem and straightaway they will try to help us. This enables us to better speak with our customers.

We are a partner, and when we want to reach out to the Qlik experts, we would like to receive answers.

Overall, I would rate their support a four out of five.

I have used HVR and I feel that it has more features than Qlik. It is also more customer-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

Feature-wise, I cannot think of any improvement that is needed. We are very happy with Qlik, no doubt about it. The only problem is with support. When we ask for technical assistance they should be in a position to support us.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: