Qlik Replicate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Qlik Replicate is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to Oracle GoldenGate: Qlik Replicate vs Oracle GoldenGate

What is Qlik Replicate?

Qlik Replicate empowers organizations to accelerate data real-time replication, ingestion and streaming via change data capture, across a wide range of heterogeneous databases, data warehouses and data lake platforms.

Qlik Replicate is also known as Replicate, Qlik Replicate.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Qlik Replicate Customers

American Cancer Society, Fanzz, SM Retail, Smart Modular, Tangerine Bank, Wellcare

Qlik Replicate Video

Qlik Replicate Reviews

RV
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A stable solution that performs well and can handle terabytes of data

• "From a technical perspective, this is an excellent product."
  • "Support-wise, this solution is in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant who is using Qlik Replicate for one of our customers. It is primarily used for the historical load, as well as the incremental load.

Our current project involves a client that has their legacy data in SAP HANA. They want to transfer all of the data from SAP into Snowflake. It involves terabytes of data and Qlik is being extensively used.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, this is an excellent product.

What needs improvement?

Qlik can be made more user-friendly.

Support-wise, this solution is in need of improvement.

We have been working with Qlik Replicate for almost one year.

This product is very stable.

The scalability is very good. My customer has about ten people who are using this solution.

When we reach out to technical support, they should be good enough to support us.

When we reached out to them to assist with doing the PoC for our customer, they declined my request. Our customers were trying to access their data and when we asked certain questions from the Qlik folks, they were heavily focused on the licensing issue and wasted time with that while we could have been solving the problem.

By comparison, when I speak with HVR technical support, they never ask anything like this. Rather, they will directly help us. They receive the problem and straightaway they will try to help us. This enables us to better speak with our customers.

We are a partner, and when we want to reach out to the Qlik experts, we would like to receive answers.

Overall, I would rate their support a four out of five.

I have used HVR and I feel that it has more features than Qlik. It is also more customer-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

Feature-wise, I cannot think of any improvement that is needed. We are very happy with Qlik, no doubt about it. The only problem is with support. When we ask for technical assistance they should be in a position to support us.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
DT
Deputy Head of Unit at a government with 51-200 employees
Is in near real-time and enables us to transform data at the latest stage rather than in ETL loads

• "It enables us to transform data at the latest stage rather than in ETL loads, so it's more ELT which is one of the advantages. It is also in near real-time, which brings significant advantage for our embedded analytics approach."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see closer integration with data catalyst."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to transform and modernize our analytics environment and modernize the data pipelines.

What is most valuable?

It enables us to transform data at the latest stage rather than in ETL loads, so it's more ELT which is one of the advantages. It is also in near real-time, which brings significant advantage for our embedded analytics approach.

What needs improvement?

We have technical people who work with it. I do not have a lot of feedback to provide at this stage. We want to implement a data lake but that's at the second stage to be integrated with the other tools that we use, which are Qlik. Since we use Qlik, we intend to leverage Attunity's capabilities because Attunity is now part of the portfolio.

I have been using Qlik Replicate for around two months.

We've had a team of consultants helping us directly. So we do not use support now. We are in the phase where we're really working with the consultants from Qlik now.

It was easy to set up. We had specialists who helped us with the setup. We have around three users.

It's being used daily.

What other advice do I have?

It's extremely promising. It implements new real-time capabilities for data ingestion. It works in hybrid mode that is a hybrid cloud. This is very good and it looks like it has very good performance. We're quite happy.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see closer integration with data catalyst.