Quadient Inspire Review

Data Transformation features helped make us more efficient and win more work

What is our primary use case?

We use Inspire Designer for Data processing and Document composition. We are currently developing our workflows to operate on an automated basis by using Command Line in batch files to call workflows and pass data in and out of the Designer to other applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Quadient Inspire has improved our efficiency all round in the data processing department. We have been able to take on jobs that we couldn't do before the implementation of Quadient Inspire and it has sped up the processing of data in an unbelievable fashion. We had one job which took twenty-six hours to process the data using the old system, but when we transferred the job to Inspire, we were able to process the data in forty-three seconds!

What is most valuable?

The feature we use on every job is the NS Splitter, which enables us to impose jobs two up on SRA3 paper seamlessly, allowing us to maximize print layout and costs savings.

Data Transformer modules are also useful for data manipulation. They enable us to swap in different data sets to automate the data processing as opposed to redoing everything in Excel.

What needs improvement?

I feel the scripting modules are very powerful but are difficult to use if you do not have the programming knowledge. I would like more wizards to be included in the scripting module and perhaps an online training course on Udemy would be a useful asset.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The software is extremely stable and has never caused us issues.

This software is very scaleable and can fit in with most of our other software.

We did use an alternative but it wasn't as robust and didn't allow the manipulation of PDFs.

We implemented the software to improve processing times, win more work, and reduce costs. Overall, it has helped us achieve these goals immensely.

We sprent time looking at many options Quadient offered and made decisions about what we needed to enable us to be futureproof.

We evaluated PlanetPress as an option.

What other advice do I have?

Do not expect to be able to use the software without any training as it is extremely powerful with many modules and can be slightly overwhelming if you have had no exposure to it. That being said, with a day's onsite training we were producing jobs with ease, albeit only using basic modules. Over time and with the help of the University we have gained lots of knowledge from the very helpful University Member.