Quest Foglight for APM Review

Improved the way we respond to database issues as it has made us more proactive.

Valuable Features

The features of the product most valuable to me are the alert system, Performance tuning (PA) and the monitoring capability.

Improvements to My Organization

The product has improved the way we respond to database issues as it has made us more proactive. For example: the alerts systems now gives as a global picture of locks, thresholds, etc. for our database systems.

Room for Improvement

The monitoring capability and performance tuning.

Use of Solution

3 years

We had issues with deployment in the beginning until we had an expert guide us through the process.

Stability is not an issue if you have enough resources on your system to handle the load.

So far so good. We have not encountered any issues with scalability. This solution is being used to monitor 20 plus databases.

Customer Service: The level of customer service is good.Technical Support: The level of technical support is good.

We have a separate solution which is core for all of our other systems. Foglight was solely brought in for our databases.

The whole setup process is not complex at all. It helps to be very good technically to understand the architecture.

Implementation Team

We did the implementation through a vendor team and they were very skilled and knowledgeable.

Other Advice

The advice I will give to people regarding Foglight is that the technical team who will be using this product will have to be trained well in order for the company to fully benefit from the product.
2 visitors found this review helpful