Quest Foglight for APM Review

We have had no stability issues.

Improvements to My Organization

My customer had a database that was working slowly every time. Their IT department  tried to resolve it by adding more hardware, but the issue wasn't resolved. They then used Foglight to perform performance analysis on SQL to find the root cause. Foglight reported and advised on the improvements to improve SQL and to change the database configuration for their database workload. It was easy and saved costs.

Valuable Features

Workload analysis (database workload in active time) they should more information data and analyze wait state analysis is valuable data to predictions or clarify issue.

Room for Improvement

I want to see mobile access application in the next release.

We have had no stability issues.

There have been no issues with scaling it for our needs.

Other Advice

Get more requirement from your customer if they have a performance issue with a critical database. You should read carefully the release notes and prerequisites before implementation. Ask your customer for hardware sizing and credentials. For Foglight performance analysis, you need to create a new database schema on your monitored host and you need at least 1GB space on a monitored host for storing data and logs.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for a Dell partner