Rapid7 InsightVM Review

Good at identifying vulnerabilities but had issues with scans and endpoint accuracy

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for vulnerability management, specifically vulnerability scanning of the endpoint devices.

What is most valuable?

The main functionality of identifying item endpoints that weren't properly patched or had vulnerabilities is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We found that after you passed an endpoint, it didn't always reflect it in the next scan. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or some issue with the product's software. That was never clear. That was always an issue and something that definitely needed improvement.

We've used the solution for four years.

I didn't notice anything in terms of stability issues. There was always data in it, so I didn't, face any problems. We just had an issue once where we would scan and then we would patch and occasionally it wasn't reflected on the next scan that that patch was there. That was the biggest issue we faced. Other than that, it was reliable. We didn't really have glitchiness or bugs. It wasn't crashing or freezing on us.

I probably don't have an opinion on the scalability. It seemed to function, however, beyond that I'm not sure. As an end-user, I just would log in and run reports. I wasn't in charge of expanding the solution. I used it in a pretty non-technical way.

There were only ever about 10 to 15 users on the solution at any given time.

I never actually got in touch with technical support. I wouldn't be able to speak t their level of service.

The company did not use a different solution before using this product.

I never set up the software myself. I was always just an end-user. I can't speak to if the solution was straightforward or complex.

I have not idea how long deployment took. I'm not sure if it was a long process or not.

Maintenance was handled by our security division. I don't know if there was one person or there were multiple admins that handled that aspect of the solution.

It's my understanding that the solution was set up in-house and an integrator or reseller was not used.

I'm not sure what the solution would cost on a monthly or yearly basis.

I'm not sure if the company evaluated other options or not. I wasn't part of that process.

The company I'm working with now is looking at evaluating Tenable.io.

What other advice do I have?

The company I worked for was just a customer and I was just an end-user. There was no business relationship between the two companies that I was aware of.

The company is considering moving from on-premises to the cloud.

I am unsure of which version of the solution is being used currently. I'm no longer at the company where I used the product.

While the solution worked well, I have never compared other solutions, so I don't know if it's best in class or not.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

More Rapid7 InsightVM reviews from users