Rapid7 InsightVM Review

Great scanning capabilities, fast, powerful, easy to access

What is most valuable?

InsightVM is good. It's easy to use. It's fast, it's a powerful, easy to access tool.

What needs improvement?

I have had some difficult problems with InsightVM. The InsightVM cannot scan if we connect to our customer by the VPN. I asked the Rapid7 support, they told me that the InsightVM can only work on the same network. We cannot use InsightVM by VPN. It also consumes a lot of memory. It would be good if they could resolve that.

We worked with Rapid7 InsightVM for one year.

It is very stable, but it consumes a lot of memory.

Scalability is good on the same network but not if you have to connect to another network.

I think the support is okay. They responded very quickly, and it was sufficient.

InsightVM is Window-based. It is easy to install and easy to use.

It took us about half a day to set up. When we bought from the distributor in Thailand, the distributor sent an engineer to install and explain how to use it and how to customize the report.

My team uses a small tool such as Tenable Nessus and Rapid7 InsightVM, but when we use both tools and compared the report, Tenable Nessus is very easy to consolidate, to expand to our customer, but InsightVM is very difficult. We would have to cancel it to explain the daily part to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend having the distributor help you to explain how this software works and to help with the details. I would rate it at an eight out of ten.

More Rapid7 InsightVM reviews from users