Reblaze Review

Blocks huge botnet Layer 7 attacks on our website and provides us with real-time reporting

What is our primary use case?

We use it for blocking Layer 7 DDoS attacks. We also use it for managing box cracking and all activities; as a basic method for watching things. It's one of our tools for monitoring the activities on our website.

How has it helped my organization?

Reblaze has definitely saved us money. We have estimated that it saves up to €500,000 a year.

What is most valuable?

We have found it extremely valuable in blocking huge botnet Layer 7 attacks on our website. It has been very successful in doing so.

I very much like the elastic search and reports, allowing us to have a 360-degree view of the customer's activities and enabling us to track down any suspicious bots.

The real-time reporting is very good. The monitoring is also working very nicely and very smoothly, in almost real-time.

What needs improvement?

The WAF features are not as granular as we would expect from a WAF system. There should be more granularity and in-depth rules, out-of-the-box.

We have been using Reblaze since summer of 2013.

It's 100 percent stable. We haven't ever had any problem with the stability of the product.

We haven't had any problem with the scalability and the performance is okay.

Currently, all of our websites are under the protection of the system and, as we roll out new systems, every new site or application will be automatically installed under the protection of the system.

The R&D is extremely responsive to our requests for changes and improvements. Overall, technical support is extremely responsive.

At the time, there was no real DDoS and anti-bot system online and available for commercial use for heavy traffic botnet attacks. The service, which was brand new on the market, was able to block the attackers and block the attack.

At the time, Reblaze was the only provider that agreed to take the challenge with the budget that we had, and they were successful.

We were the very first commercial customer of Reblaze in the world. The initial setup was extremely easy. It took an hour to set it up and get it to the point that it was active and blocking malicious traffic.

The setup was done directly with Reblaze, their R&D. Our experience with them was very good. It was very friendly and very professional.

By having our e-commerce sites up 100 percent of the time, we are selling 100 percent of the time. And we are reducing competitors' bot-scraping when it comes to pricing, reducing the opportunity for competing companies to scrape our prices and give concurrence to their pricing. In addition, since producing pricing adds costs to our back-end system, it helps us to reduce expenses on our internal systems. So we definitely have ROI from the product.

As an early customer, I think we are getting a very good price. There are no additional costs to the standard licensing fees, as far as I know.

We evaluated other solutions as they began to be available in 2013 but none were really mature and meeting our needs.

What other advice do I have?

Just do it. Try it first, but do it. It's very easy to implement and very easy to understand. If you are a simple site it will be very easy to implement and if you have very complex sites, including web applications and mobile applications, with the SDK they provide for iOS and Android, there is 100 percent coverage of requirements.

The biggest lesson we have learned from using this solution is that sometimes, when you have an entrepreneurial company with fire in its eyes and one that is willing to push and give you the best, you can trust it and grow with it, especially when they are very responsive to your needs and ready to change and add features very fast.

We have three internal administrators working on the product and there are five or six viewers, who have different roles and who monitor the activities. We have one full-time employee who works on the product and monitors and improves rules, as needed. He is a cyber security administrator.

Private Cloud

Other
Secure your data and web assets today

Your data and web assets need constant protection from Internet threats. Schedule a Demo with Reblaze to see how this cloud-based platform can provide the security that you need.