Reblaze Overview

Reblaze is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Bot Management tools. It is most often compared to Cloudflare: Reblaze vs Cloudflare

What is Reblaze?

Reblaze is a cloud-based, fully managed protective shield for sites and web applications. Hostile traffic is blocked in the cloud, before it reaches the protected network.

Reblaze is a comprehensive web security solution, providing a next-gen WAF, DoS and DDoS protection, bot mitigation, scraping prevention, CDN, load balancing, and more.

The platform offers a unique combination of benefits. Machine learning provides accurate, adaptive threat detection. Dedicated Virtual Private Clouds ensure maximum privacy. Top-tier infrastructure assures maximum performance. Fine-grained ACLs enable precise traffic regulation. An intuitive web-based management console provides real-time traffic control. A one-month trial offer allows you to assess Reblaze with no cost, risk, or obligation.

Reblaze makes it effortless and affordable to secure and accelerate your web assets. Organizations from many vertical markets around the globe are benefiting from Reblaze's highly scalable WAF/IDS, DDoS, anti-scraping and Bot mitigation service.

Reblaze Buyer's Guide

Download the Reblaze Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Reblaze Customers

eBay, AirAsia, Taboola, Reebonz, IAI, Payoneer, mySupermarket, William Hill, Fanduel

Reblaze Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Reblaze pricing:
  • "I believe that for the six instances we have right now, it's costing us $16,000 per month."
  • "On a monthly basis we pay $750."

YacovHabusha
Network and Security Department Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Allowed us to replace our reverse proxy, load-balancing, and WAF products with one platform

What is our primary use case?

The organization that I worked for is a very old organization. We had 30 years of experience with a lot of websites on many of different technologies, so we looked for a product that could handle the ten different technologies we had to support. We used it as a WAF, a web application firewall for all of our websites.

• "The most valuable features were the real-time monitoring and the management. With this kind of product, you need a very good management system to allow you to see false positives in real-time; to see what's happening in real-time... The clarity stood out. It was very visible and very easy to navigate; very easy to find the data we were looking for."
  • "I would like to have seen more automated reports. Maybe it has been improved in the last year and I'm just not aware of it. But from a managerial point of view, you want a summary report, a weekly report: How many attacks were blocked? How much bandwidth was saved due to the caching mechanism? What were the top-ten attacks that were tested on the network, etc? I could most likely have found all that data if I logged in to the system and ran different reports. It would be very helpful to get a management report on a weekly basis."

What other advice do I have?

Go ahead and use it. We took a chance because, when we started with Reblaze, it was a young company. With a young company, you don't know if it will be there in two years. It was risky because to implement the system takes six months. To move to another platform would take another six months. So it was a risk. Today, there is no risk. Reblaze stands on its own. Its income is stable from customers. It's not only investors' money today. Reblaze has a lot of customers and its teams are much bigger. My primary advice is to have the coding team, the programming team, with you from the first minute…
JG
Principal Security Engineer at a leisure / travel company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard
Blocks malicious actors and unauthorized locations, saving us cloud egress costs

What is our primary use case?

We use all aspects of it. We are using it for WAF and DDoS protection.

• "The real-time monitoring and reporting are very good. There are information updates in their portal every two minutes. They also have the ability to spill it into Sumo Logic, for example. It's very easy to use."
  • "We have multiple products behind different instances of Reblaze. We have one instance for staging and then we have a production instance for multiple products. One of the things that we have requested is a unified view panel, so that we can see each of the instances in a unified view. That way, we won't have to go bouncing from instance to instance."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest thing we've learned from using this solution is that "it doesn't always have to be hard." Know what your site's profile is and listen to Reblaze. They will put you into a learning mode to identify what they are seeing and what your normal traffic looks like and what traffic is suspicious. Work with them. As long as you work well with Reblaze, you will get a good solution out of it. Reblaze has just made things simpler for us. We have them in fairly complex setups with the hybrid solution, which is in Google and AWS. They deployed it, they maintain it. All we do is make sure that it…
Learn what your peers think about Reblaze. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PatrickMoshe Perelsztejn
Infrastructures Security & Cyber Project Manager at El Al
Leaderboard
Blocks huge botnet Layer 7 attacks on our website and provides us with real-time reporting

What is our primary use case?

We use it for blocking Layer 7 DDoS attacks. We also use it for managing box cracking and all activities; as a basic method for watching things. It's one of our tools for monitoring the activities on our website.

• "I very much like the elastic search and reports, allowing us to have a 360-degree view of the customer's activities and enabling us to track down any suspicious bots."
  • "The WAF features are not as granular as we would expect from a WAF system. There should be more granularity and in-depth rules, out-of-the-box."

What other advice do I have?

Just do it. Try it first, but do it. It's very easy to implement and very easy to understand. If you are a simple site it will be very easy to implement and if you have very complex sites, including web applications and mobile applications, with the SDK they provide for iOS and Android, there is 100 percent coverage of requirements. The biggest lesson we have learned from using this solution is that sometimes, when you have an entrepreneurial company with fire in its eyes and one that is willing to push and give you the best, you can trust it and grow with it, especially when they are very…
RM
VP Security at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Leaderboard
Real-time reporting enables us to see when users have been disabled

What is our primary use case?

We use it for protection.

• "The main feature is using the rules and being able to see the traffic. It helps us find malicious traffic."
  • "There is room for improvement in helping us understanding session management... We want Reblaze to catch and identify everything. We want to see the various devices doing one activity and to see, in a timeline, what's happened. We would like to see a more human-readable display to understand what's happening in the web app."

What other advice do I have?

Try it on your real production data and try it for more than just one week. You need to sit with a person who knows how to operate it. It's really simple to operate, but you need to learn it. Reblaze has taught me a lot about how to use my web application; how to think about my users and what they need. The biggest lesson I've learned is that, in security testing, you need to maintain things all the time. It will sound a little bit cliché, but it's a cat-and-mouse game. Reblaze helps with this game because it's effective and you can change it all the time and you can see what is changing in…
Oren Yeger
Managing Director at cloudnow
Leaderboard
The user-friendly dashboard saves me time and the technical support is excellent

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Reblaze is for WAF, DDOS prevention, and bot management. I had various deployments and therefore I have various usages.

• "The feature I find most valuable is the user-friendly dashboard. It is easy to understand how everything works and it allows you to make decisions quickly and efficiently."
  • "Up to now the only cons I could find is sometimes getting change management back on track, because it's a company that evolves, and sometimes I don't have the same needs that they have. But besides that, up until now, I am really pleased with their service and I've also recommended them to some of my clients."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of ten. I will never, never recommend any company to use any specific solution. I will always tell them to choose what is best for them, but I will give them my opinion on which programs I value. I always say which program I prefer but I will never say that it is the only solution because it will present me as biased and not a trusted advisor. I prefer to say what I like about the program, and then the person can choose what works best for him.
SnirDaan
CTO & Product at Eloan
Leaderboard
Optimizes everything around security, providing reports on risks

What is our primary use case?

We use is as a WAF, defending all our internet business. Our application is hosted in Amazon and their solution is cloud-based.

• "Reblaze knows how to manage security. For me as, someone who knows little about security, it's good that I have a firm that optimizes everything according to their standards. It's their responsibility and they are fully hands-on."
  • "They have an interface that you have to adjust to. That is a bit of a downfall because I expect an interface to be very intuitive for someone who knows little about security. But if you know about security, the interface is wonderful."

What other advice do I have?

They provide a solution for something that I have no time to do. Reblaze provides us with a solution we can count on. It is a company that will provide you with the solution you need, and you can count on them to do the right thing. We don't need anyone for deployment and maintenance of the solution. It runs by itself. I would rate Reblaze at nine out of ten because it needs a little bit of improvement, such as the interface and alerts on-the-fly.
Ido Hacohen
Co-Founder at HcscSec
Leaderboard
Offers good website protection and the dashboard is simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We use the private and public cloud deployment models of this solution. We use it for the web application. It's a good solution, the service is good.

• "We like the website protection. It's really good. The dashboard is really simple to use."
  • "The next release should have next-generation automation."

What other advice do I have?

I know Reblaze really well. I hear Microsoft has good products but I don't have experience with them. I would say that Reblaze is good but you should evaluate all of your options. You should do the configuration correctly and work according to the product's best practices. I would rate it an eight out of ten.
AG
Senior Security Consulting Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Provides valuable API for system tool kit as well as mobile app security

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for publishing. I'm a senior security consulting manager and we are partners with Reblaze.

• "Provides mobile app security."
  • "Some of the settings on the dashboard are confusing."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.